Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Blanc
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

4.5 app not opening in 8520 device.

HI all,

i have a strange problem... i have developed an app in 4.5 and am trying to check this app in the curve 8520 (4.6 OS).

the app is working fine in the 8310 simulator,( i dont have 8310 device to check),  but when i try to open it  in the device the splash screen is opening.. after that the app is hanging without any error msg or something...

I signed the app, and its version for 4.7 OS is working fine in the storm.. kindly help me in figuring out wher would be the problem..

am using Eclipse IDE for developement, and 4.5 cp.

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: 4.5 app not opening in 8520 device.

anything in the eventlog? everything surrounded by try/catch? tried to debug on the live device?

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

yes i tried to debug on the live device... but am unable to trace it... i have static block that intializes the persistent store... it is entering that block, exit that block and after that one where i found the control , i mean that green bar..., it was just stucked.

the following is my persistant block, and i also found that the persistant object is null.

static 
        {
                _datastore = PersistentStore.getPersistentObject(0xd4b6b5eeea339daL);
                synchronized (_datastore)
                {
                        if (_datastore.getContents() == null)
                        {
                            _screensDataVector = new Vector[15];
                            _datastore.setContents(_screensDataVector);
                            _datastore.commit();

}
                        else
                        {
                            _screensDataVector =  (Vector[]) _datastore.getContents();
                        }
                }
        }

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Blanc

Hi,

i found the error... by mistake i was overlooked to add a value to a key "MY_KEY" in the resource files... so it is throwing exception missing resource exception(I guess), this is not shown in the device.. and in the device it just hangs after the splash screen...

Anyhow i want to mark this... thread as solved. I want to know onething, why this error is not thrown in the simulator 8310?? In 8310 it worked fine eventhough there is no  value at the key...(?) But when i tested in 8900 simulator it thrown me MissingResourceException, and when tested in curve8520 device, the app hangs.

How was this possible?

Thanks and Regards,
PraveenGoparaju.
Please use plain text.