Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
zumwaltwood
My Device: Curve 8530

6.0 SOAP PDF files??

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/6.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/io/parser/soap/package-summary...

Wanted to point out that yes, I do know in the API where to find the summary information and what each thing's inputs and outputs are, but unfortunately the docs do not give an example of building the envelope, sending the request and parsing the results from the response, is here a PDF laying around that explains the parser branch?

BlackBerry Java JDK 6.0.0.30
BlackBerry Java Plug-in 1.3.0.201101051005-15
BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0
Eclipse: Helios

Regular Contributor
zumwaltwood

Re: 6.0 SOAP PDF files??

How about a simple hello world example on how to build the envelope, send the request and parse the response? Say an ASMX has in it the default HelloWorld method from visual studio, using the SOAP objects in the latest SDK, how does one build the query, send it, retrieve the response and parse it? I have looked through the PDF's on the developer site for the 6.0 release and SOAP is not covered in any PDF as to how and what is needed.

BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0

Regular Contributor
zumwaltwood

Can an admin / dev / or anyone else please point me to documentation on how to use the built in SOAP components of the SDK? There is no developers guide that covers it, how it works, how to create the envelope, add a message, send the request to the web service, receive the response from the web service, I need to call a method, pass in values to that method including an array of byte objects that are files and receive back a success or failure notice from the send request.

I would imagine that something exists somewhere for the SOAP calls in the SDK, I simply can't find it, in the forums, in the product documentation, or anywhere else other than the definition of the objects, but those definitions are not all that is required because none of the SOAP objects have a way to physically open the connection, push the message, process the result then back to the SOAP Parser, I am sort of stuck with the program (not fully stuck, but mostly stuck), there are other components I can work on and will be working on, but this is critical to the program working, once all the data is collected, the users have to have a way to push their input to the server, after a success, I will be deleting what is on the phone to save space from my program. The images take up the room, not the records, they are all XML records and less than 1k a piece the way I have designed the program, the images are around 280k a piece.

I would like to have this part figured out for the SOAP component this week for demo next week if at all possible, so any help is appreciated.

BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0

Regular Contributor
zumwaltwood

Anyone?

Package net.rim.device.api.io.parser.soap

That thing has only definitions for each, no where in the forums or any developer docs is a working example, I need to get this SOAP piece working this week, no later than next, all I am asking for is documentation that has working example code.

BlackBerry JRE 6.0.0