Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

907 Invalid COD : HTTP Error 404 :NOT found

Argh.  I was messing around with including some .wav files in my application and I got 907 errors.  Now I've removed the .wav files and reverted back to what I had working perfectly last week...and I am getting this error.  Can anyone spot the problem...this _was_ working:

Manifest-Version: 1.0 RIM-COD-Module-Name: Tracker RIM-MIDlet-Position-1: 1 RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc,net_rim_locationapi,net_rim_bbapi_invoke MIDlet-Jar-Size: 23776 MIDlet-1: ,, RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1217855394 MIDlet-Jar-URL: Tracker.jar RIM-COD-URL: Tracker.cod RIM-COD-SHA1: c3 bd fb 96 5d a3 f5 1e 8d 84 5e 70 40 fd fc 4f 72 7c 15 d9 RIM-COD-Size: 27104 MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1 MIDlet-Version: 1.0.0 MIDlet-Name: Tracker MIDlet-Vendor: AVendorName MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0 RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 0

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 907 Invalid COD : HTTP Error 404 :NOT found

Clearing the browser cache fixed this.  However, I wonder what the proper model is for including wav/mp3/etc media files in a BB application.  A resource binary file?  Is there documentation on how to do this?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000

We normally just bundle them with the application as an included file.  You can add them to the project as a file in the jde by going right clicking the project and selecting add file to project.  If you are using an alternative build method you can do this by including them in your input jar for rapc.  You can then access them calling .getResourceAsStream( resourcePath ); on any class to lookup a file.  There is a knowledge base article on this.

If this causes module size issues you may have to create some sort of resource downloader which saves your files to disk using JSR-175 or a content store after the application is successfully downloaded.

Kurt Zettel | Chief Architect | Metova
www.metova.com
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi,

Today I have updated my software to Version 5.0 on my blackBerry 9500 Storm (1)

[everything was working ok until I did software update] but now I have tried to use OTA to get B'Berry Apps World on there but comes up with the same error all the time:

DOWNLOAD FAILED

Followed by:

907 Invalid COD

HTTP Error 404:not found

I have also tried to download via laptop, but says error on there.

I have reinstalled ICQ in there ad that seems to be ok, but why wont Apps World work????

Is there a problem with Version 5.0 & OTA downloads?

I'm not a tech boffin or anything, but any help with this could be of value to me.

Thanks Adrian

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

After a full day of trying it's worked!

Perhaps everyone updating and server overload?

anyway one issue I still have is i''ve lost my Vodafone (UK) mobileemail address and my updated phone wont accept the old one, any ideas?

AdrianSmiley Wink

My Device: bold9000
My Carrier: idea

907 invalid code : HTTP Error 404:NOT FOUND