Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
shridevi_sawant
My Device: Not Specified

907 Invalid COD on Storm only for first time installation

Hello

We are observing very strange behaviour on BB Storm device. We have an application whose JAD and COD files are hosted on a web server. When we are installing it on Storm device via OTA, it gives error "907 Invalid COD". This happens only for the first time. When I again try to install in same way, it installs successfully.  Why is it failing first time and succeeds in second attempt ?

Anyone got same issue? Any resolution for this?

Appreciate the help in this regard.

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: 907 Invalid COD on Storm only for first time installation

check the knowledge base, there is an article about 907

in my experience it is most often caused by the device failing to unpack the zip file (cod) it the app is larger than 64kb. upacking the cod manually helps.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer

Please uninstall the app, cold-reboot the device, clear the Event Log, reproduce the 907 error by attempting an install, then obtain the Event Log and post it here. The Event Log will quite likely contain an explanation for the 907 error.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
shridevi_sawant

Hello klyubin,

Sorry, but I am not aware of how to check event log and how to clear it. Could you explain please?

I will try that and then post the event log here.

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
New Developer
shridevi_sawant

Hi

Another thing I forgot to mention is, on a clean device the application installs properly. The error happens only when I try to install on already existing application (for example, trying to upgrade the application). So I think, when I try to reinstall the first attempt(which gives Invalid COD error) removes the old application..The second install succeeds because it is just like a brand new install..

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

Shridevi

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

[ Edited ]

Are you extracting the discreet COD files from the COD that is generated by the compiler? Copy the COD to the ZIP extension, and unzip the individual COD files (myProject-1, MyProject,2, etc), These individual COD's should be deployed, not the aggregate COD.

Are you removing the JAD file prior to doing your production build? Always a good idea. Sometimes the JAD has artifacts from previous builds that are no longer relevant.

If you have access to the the device, you can retrieve the event log using the javaloader utility.

javaloader -u eventlog (retireve the log)

javaloader -u cleareventlog (erase the event log)

To view the log on the Storm, press and hold the "?123" key to lock the numeric keyboard, then press ", 5 , 5"

(comma 5 comma 5)

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ftraian

did you find a solution to this problem?

I'm having exactly the same problem, asked on the forum but didn't got to any solution.

Please use plain text.