Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Not Specified

907 Invalid COD when attempting to download

I have signed the COD file for my app with BB signing keys in JDE.

I change the extension of the COD file to ZIP and extract the sibling COD files.

I then put these on the webserver along with the JAD, which is referencing the COD files.

The testers then get "907 Invalid COD when attempting to download" when they try to install the app OTA.

I have read the info on

and the only thing that I can see here that could cause this is that the  Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) types for JAD and COD files have not been configured correctly,

Or am I doing a mistake with the signing?

I have first signed the parent COD file and then extracted the siblings. Should I first extract the siblings and then sign them instead?

All Replies
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 907 Invalid COD when attempting to download

Have you set these mime types correctly?

You don't say so in your post.

From the deployment guide:

The provisioning server and web server set the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type for JAD files to

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor. The web server sets the MIME type for COD files to application/vnd.rim.cod.

My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: 907 Invalid COD when attempting to download

[ Edited ]

If you stick the files on an SDCard then you can install them locally by opening the JAD from the Media Explorer. If they install correctly from the SDCard then you know the build is fine and it is probably just the server. You probably should check that first so you aren't just guessing.