Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

907 Invalid JAR: Midlet class not public: gui

Hi,

I've had no problems installing the application from Desktop Manager or OTA before, but all of a sudden, OTA stopped working with the aforementioned error. (I also see the message "This application does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source" when I have already signed the application)

"gui" is the argument passed to the alternate entry point (a gui, obviously). I've read the developer articles and tried changing the MIDlet-Jar-Size to 0 ,deleting all project files and building a new one, etc etc but I have no idea how this suddenly stopped working. 

Anyway, how is "gui" a midlet class when it is only an argument for Alternate Entry for CLDC application? This perturbs me. Please help!

Manifest-Version: 1.0
MIDlet-Version: 1.0.1.8822
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 140053
MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1
MIDlet-Jar-URL: SyncMy.jar
RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc,net_rim_xml_org,net_rim_xml,net_rim_locationapi,net_rim_bbapi_options
RIM-MIDlet-Flags-2: 0
RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 3
RIM-COD-Module-Name: SyncMy
MIDlet-Name: SyncMy
RIM-COD-Size: 60576
RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1239491930
MIDlet-2: syncmygui,icon.png,gui
MIDlet-1: SyncMy.net,,
RIM-COD-URL: SyncMy.cod
RIM-COD-SHA1: ab 1e 41 4d d4 5f 7b f8 bc d6 be cb 9a 09 ca 12 a6 94 db 99
MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
MIDlet-Vendor: SyncMy Ltd.

Developer

Re: 907 Invalid JAR: Midlet class not public: gui

When I build my program which has 2 entry points, I have a few files

SyncMy.cod

SyncMy.jar

SyncMy.jad

My program would work properly if I open the .jar file, but half of the program would seem to have lost funtionality if I open the .jad file. It's only recently that the .jar stopped working.

What am I doing wrong / supposed to do ?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

[ Edited ]

Have you created a MIDlet or BlackBerry CLDC application?  Verify that the main method of the application is valid.  This error can occur if no main method is found.  Please also refer to the link below.

Support - 907 Invalid Jar Error when installing an application wirelessly
Article Number: DB-00432

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800646/Support...

The following explains the trusted source warning.

Support - Warning: This application does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source
Article Number: DB-00556

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800646/Support...

Please also verify that you are using a supported version of BlackBerry JDE.

What Is - Appropriate version of the BlackBerry JDE
Article Number: DB-00537

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/What_Is_-_Appr...

Message Edited by MSohm on 04-22-2009 10:38 AM
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Oh it was a CLDC application

It happened because I used the wrong file when loading OTA - it should be .jad instead of .jar

About the "half of the functions lost" problem, it was because one of my threads wouldn't start until the powerUp() method was fired - it would not happen because the device won't reboot when installing OTA.

I made the wrong assumption that everyone would install with Desktop Manager and the device would always reboot - which is not true.