04-11-2009 07:26 PM
I've had no problems installing the application from Desktop Manager or OTA before, but all of a sudden, OTA stopped working with the aforementioned error. (I also see the message "This application does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source" when I have already signed the application)
"gui" is the argument passed to the alternate entry point (a gui, obviously). I've read the developer articles and tried changing the MIDlet-Jar-Size to 0 ,deleting all project files and building a new one, etc etc but I have no idea how this suddenly stopped working.
Anyway, how is "gui" a midlet class when it is only an argument for Alternate Entry for CLDC application? This perturbs me. Please help!
RIM-COD-SHA1: ab 1e 41 4d d4 5f 7b f8 bc d6 be cb 9a 09 ca 12 a6 94 db 99
MIDlet-Vendor: SyncMy Ltd.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-12-2009 07:51 PM
When I build my program which has 2 entry points, I have a few files
My program would work properly if I open the .jar file, but half of the program would seem to have lost funtionality if I open the .jad file. It's only recently that the .jar stopped working.
What am I doing wrong / supposed to do ?
04-22-2009 10:37 AM - edited 04-22-2009 10:38 AM
Have you created a MIDlet or BlackBerry CLDC application? Verify that the main method of the application is valid. This error can occur if no main method is found. Please also refer to the link below.
Support - 907 Invalid Jar Error when installing an application wirelessly
Article Number: DB-00432
The following explains the trusted source warning.
Support - Warning: This application does not contain a signature. It might not be from a trusted source
Article Number: DB-00556
Please also verify that you are using a supported version of BlackBerry JDE.
What Is - Appropriate version of the BlackBerry JDE
Article Number: DB-00537
04-22-2009 10:42 AM
Oh it was a CLDC application
It happened because I used the wrong file when loading OTA - it should be .jad instead of .jar
About the "half of the functions lost" problem, it was because one of my threads wouldn't start until the powerUp() method was fired - it would not happen because the device won't reboot when installing OTA.
I made the wrong assumption that everyone would install with Desktop Manager and the device would always reboot - which is not true.