Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
lathavaish
My Device: 9800

907 Invalid cod on javaloader and OTA while UPGRADING an app.

I have an app say test 1.0  on my BB . Now i  have built test 2.0 and I am trying to install the same on the BB . Basically trying to replace the version 1.0 with 2.0.

Some imp  points:

1. Both project names are same-- built on eclipse..

2. Both built on same 5.0.

3.Both  cod files /builds have same name.

So  here's the problem.

Test 1.0  exists on BB.  I connect the  BB and load the build through Eclipse--  Works perfectly.. no problem.

But  when I try to load through javaloader

There is some error, it exits the command prompt so soon that  I am unable to read the error.

And when I try to load OTA 

I get  downloading failed, or 907 error on the  BB.

Please let me know of a solution to this,as soon as you can , since its extemely urgent.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 907 Invalid cod on javaloader and OTA while UPGRADING an app.

I suspect you have changed the 'signature' of some persisted class.  Eclipse recognizes this and removes the previous application and the previous versions saved data.  So you should be able to do the same - delete the old version and you will be able to install the new version.

If you want to be able to upgrade over the top, then don't change the signature of any persisted class. 

Hope this helps. 

Trusted Contributor
ankitagrawal

Hi lathavaish,

To solve the problem, delete the "deliverables" folder of your project, Again sign the project using signature tools(Have u installed all 3 signature tools??).

Now load the project using eclipse option "Load project on device" option.

It will work for you.

Contributor
lathavaish

Thanks Peter .

Yes  i did change the key of the persisted class. And I have to upgrade it over the top.

If i revert it to the previous key  my doubt is:

The data structure of the data bean has changed as in there are more attributes added to it.

Will it not create a problem if I use the same old key for persisted class?

It will take me a while to test this, I  will let you know if this worked. Could you please clarify my doubt ?

Contributor
lathavaish

On OS 7 this works fine but not on OS 5 and OS 6.
Contributor
lathavaish

I changed the key back to the old one still it does not work . On OS 7 it works on OTA even without the key change.
Is there any way to make the upgrade over the older version without having to delete it?
Contributor
lathavaish

Yes  I have signed all files , it works fine  when loaded on the BB by itslef. Only when I  try to overwrite an existing version it creates the above mentioned problem

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I am surprised it works on OS 7.0.

Changing the key you use is actually not relevant.  The OS checks that the class used in currently persisted storage is the same as the one you are using now.

In your case I would do two things:

1) Copy your old Persisted class and give it a different class name.  Swap all references to the old name to your new class.  Then you leave your old class in your application, but it is not used anywhere.  This will install correctly.

2) Change your new class so that it is possible to extend the class without changing the Signature.  For example, you can add a Hashtable to the new class.  Say you need to add a new text attribute.  The obvious thing is to add a new String variable to the class, but that will stop the upgrade.  Instead you just create a new Key and store the new attribute in the Hashtable.  This is not using any new class variables, and so will upgrade OK.  But you have an extra attribute. 

I always have an IntHashtable in my persisted classes to do just this...

Hope this all makes sense. 

Contributor
lathavaish

Thanks Peter,

that  definately help me narrow down the problem in a way  but  it still persists. U are right,It is not working on OS 7 too.

THere were 2 builds.. test 1.0 and test 2.0. Test 2.0 was not replacing test 1.0.  So going by the persistant store approach, I retained the same key and added extra attributes on data bean - let this version be 3.0.

3.0 replaced 2.0 on the fone perfectly.

Tried deleting attributes n made a 4.0. 4.0 replaced 3.0 perfectly.

But the problem with the original existing version of 1.0 and the latest 2.0 still persists .

whenever i try and replace 2.0 with 1.0  this is what happens:

I get this prompt as soon as i start the download:

"<Application2>" contains a module called "<module_name>". A module with that name already exists in the "<Application1>" application. If you proceed, "<Application1>" will be replaced by "<Application2>". Proceed?

I click on yes and after th entire download progess bar, it says download failed... details- 907 error.

I already checked this out : http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/A-module-with-that-name-already-exists...

Resolution 1 does not seem like a solution.  2 and 3 I am not able to relate to my situation here.

Please guide me.What  am I  missing here??