Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
undercoveridiot
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

9500 / 9530 simulator network issues

I cant seem to get the browser to connect to anything in either the 9500 or 9530 simulators.  In the network properties both GSM and CDMA are enabled and in coverage.  In the mobile network options menu data services are turned on and it shows being connected to the Default 3G Network.  I can simulate calls, but nothing else.  In the services status menu it shows Mobile Voice connected, but BB internet service and BB enterprise server as not connected.  The 9000 simulator works fine on the same computer, with both voice and data working.  Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
gtj

Re: 9500 / 9530 simulator network issues

How are you starting the simulator?

Is the MDS simulator running?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
undercoveridiot

I am using the 4.7 Beta JDE to build and run the app on the 95xx simulators.  Do I need to do something seperate to start the MDS simulator?  With the 4.6 JDE I just select the 9000 simulator and hit build all and run and everything works including data. 
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
gtj

In the JDE...  Edit, Preferences,Simulator,General.  There's a checkbox to launch MDS-CS.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
undercoveridiot

That was it!  That must have been enabled by default in the 4.6 JDE or something.
Please use plain text.
mfromm
My Device: 9630 Simulator

Hi. I am new to blackberry simulators. I downloaded the Blackberry Smartphone Simulator 9630 (BlackBerry_Simulators_5.0.0.484_9630-Sprint.exe). I need to set it up to connect to the Internet. Could you tell me how you were able to do that? Unfortunately, I do not have BB internet service and BB enterprise server to play with. Please advise.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.