Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
dcanatsey
My Device: 8310 Curve and 8110 Pearl

9530 Storm simulator camera not working

[ Edited ]

I'm having a couple of difficulties with the 9530 emulator regarding it's camera. 

The application that I've developed works on previous models using the old skool "invoke camera" and then I grab the image once my filejournallistener finds it.

Whether or not im using a simulated image or the webcam port-thru, the image doesnt save to either the device memory or the media card.  Then when I try the use the menu button, the underlying picture goes into a funky interlacing pattern or out of phase.

No evidence of a photo being written to anywhere,therefore,I cant listen for it.

I know that I'll eventually have to move to the VideoControl method of capture, but is there a specific reason that the InvokeCamera/FilejournalListener shouldn't work on Storm?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Message Edited by dcanatsey on 01-30-2009 10:29 AM
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 9530 Storm simulator camera not working

If you manually launch the camera and take a picture, does it work?  Are you trying to save the images to a simulated micro SD card?  If so, please see this link.

How To – Programmatically determine if a microSD card has been inserted
Article Number: DB-00560

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800332/1295814/How_To...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.