Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

970 Invalid COD on Bold/Storm

I am using JDE 4.2.0 to build my app for 8100, 8800 and 8300. While on these devices it worked seamlessly when downloading the app on Bold (9000) we've encountered problems. The first, third and all odd numbered downloads succed. The second, 4th and so on give "907 Invalid COD".

I digged more into it and found that on the 2nd download it deletes the application from the device and after throwing "907 Invalid COD" there's no application on the device. So, the 3rd download is a fresh new one, just like the first.

You can syy the same behaviour if you try to download Opera Mini: http://mini.opera.com

What would be the solution for this?

Thanks !

Traian.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: 970 Invalid COD on Bold/Storm

What version of BlackBerry handheld software are you running?  You can see this under Options, About on the BlackBerry device.  What browser are you using to install the application (BlackBerry Browser, Internet Browser or WAP Browser)?  Is the application being modified between installations?  If so, has its version number been incremented?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer

I am using BlackBerry v4.6.0.150 emulator. As the browser I am using the standard one, with browser identification set to BlackBerry.

The application is not modified between installations so the version number is not being incremented. As I said this can be tested on Opera mini wap site.

Cheers,

Traian.

Developer

I have the same problem. Brand new Bold 9000 downloaded a COD from a website. Worked fine the first time

Did it a second time same version asked to replace, thats good but then threw an error 907 invalid cod.

hey I manually deleted the COD using the advanced options and tried to download. Noway, still 907 now. I cannot

download the application anymore. I might experiment and increment the version number of the JAD. I know I can

push it on the device using the USB but the webite should work fine over and over.

Any thoughts?  Using Bold 9000 V4.6.0.167 AT&T (Platform 4.0.0.157)

This is not good.

Developer

Solved by blackberry suport. The browser has have the property Blackberry not firefox which is what I switched it too.

New Developer

Well, unfortunately your solutiob doesn't work. I've tested this mpore deeply and it's deffinetly a firmaware bug. Let's hope it will be solved soon!
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Can you provide a link to the JAD file?  What version of BlackBerry handheld software is running on your BlackBerry Bold?
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Well worked for me to change the type of browser as I stated in the Forum as a solution.

So not sure what your pro blem maybe but it maybe another revision of the OS thats different.

New Developer

MSohm try this link: http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?rnd=1842546133&cert=none&edition=hifi&rel=4 or just point your browser to http://mini.opera.com . The application which I am developing is behaving exactly the same but, due to security reasons, I cannot give you an URL.
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9000

this is now to fix it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvICWq02Kyg