Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
Adeel99
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Zain KSA

9790 BBM not working

I`ve blackberry 9790, bought USED from ebay.com actually handset is from telkomsel INDONESIA(as per the seller).

Now I`m using this phone is SAUDIA ARABIA, everything sounds good just the BBM is not working nor the blackberry logo is coming on right top, 3g coming in small letters.

I`ve tried with updating OS, host routing table, tcp/ip(adding service provider) there but still no luck.

Anyone help me getting BBM working onit?

BB pin is: 28C3F829

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 9790 BBM not working

Sorry this is a developer forum, I suggest that you post your question in a phone forum, choose one from here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/bd-p/Bold

However I would confirm that you have BlackBerry tariff before you go much further.  It appears that you are not connecting to the BlackBerry infrastructure. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Hello Adeel99

Welcome to the Community though you posted on the wrong side of the forums page. :smileyhappy:

Thanks Peter for assisting. Yes he is correct, You need to activate you Blackberry Data Plan with a Carrier that provides the service in your country. These Blackberry features can only be accessed within the Data Service i mentioned.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Adeel99
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Zain KSA

Cheers for correcting me, as far as the BB tariff, I`ve BB service activated, when I put the same simcard on Curve 8520, BBM and internet browsing does work.

That is why I`ve said I`ve tried my best of knowledge by updating OS, host routing table and tcp/ip(adding my blackberry service provider name there).

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I suspect there is something hanging round on the phone, like an application policy that prevents BIS-B connection.  This sort of thing is possible if you have purchased a corporate BB. 

I have had some success with getting this sort of thing removed, from memory I just Googled and found a KB article regarding removing Policy Sets.  Might have used BBSAK to do it too.  Sorry can't remember.  Not something I do every day.  All I can say is that I found a process that worked using Google.  Assuming of course this is your problem....

Please use plain text.