Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
babakar
My Device: see later

A random out of memory error

I cant give you my whole application, and neither u have to sit it down and read it.But what could it be for?

At times I am able to reproduce it at same place.But caNT FIGURE IT OUT WHY.

I am wondering if it could be from the fact I store alot of info in my application.I have vectors, where I store all data with itc pictures.So that If I brought them first time, I dont the 2nd time. This could slow my application? this could cause out of memory error?

also when i do  popscreen, data i brought in tht page is all cleared right?

Developer
babakar
My Device: see later

Re: A random out of memory error

btw I am getting an error right now when I open my simulator

jvm could not load .cod - file system is full

I uninstalled simulator, reinstalled... i still get same error... even if i try open new application not old one..

I am using http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html porsche design 7.0
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: A random out of memory error

Try removing the three *.dmp files in the simulator directory, then restart. The simulated flash memory is here.

If you are used to iOS or Android development (or desktop development, for that matter), then you are going to find the memory restrictions on the Blackberry fairly limiting. A large number of images will quickly eat up the avavailable flash.