Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
sorjai
My Device: Not Specified

ADB tool for Blackberry?

Hi all,

Android has this tool called ADB (android debug tool) that lets people connect to an Android device via command line to install/run apps, push/pull files, and other debugging methods. I know that Blackberry has JavaLoader that you can use to install/run and debug apps, but what about pushing/pulling files from a device or simulator? I want to be able to do it from the command line without having to set up the blackberry desktop manager.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-- Chris

Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: ADB tool for Blackberry?

Welcome to the forums!

The closest you may get to the same functionality is JavaLoader. It can be run via command-line as well.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

He knows about JavaLoader already.

There is no way to get files off using command line.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sorjai

But it doesn't support copying of files from pc to the blackberry's store, does it? I'm aware of using it for installing and loading apps, but that's about it. I want to be able to transfer files to/from the device as well. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Sorry. Is this just for testing? Maybe you can use Mass Storage Mode to copy files to and from the device. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish so my answer was vague.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sorjai

@rcmaniac25: oh really? Man that sux... oh wells, thanks for the help. 

@JCarty: well, I wrote an app that depends on reading a file and pulling information from it. Ideally, I'd like to automate the process of copying the files to the BB system, install, and run directly from my PC so it'll run quickly (and for testing). I was able to do this using the adb system under android and was hoping to find a similar solution for the BB platform.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
adboye
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Hi, Did you manage to resolve this issue as I am having the need for an 'adb' like tool for the Blackberry also.

Thanks,

Ade

Please use plain text.