Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Developing on multiple models

API 7.0.0

Hi,

I am developing an app that uses the SIM as a secure element using API 7.0.0.

The documentation for SecureElement.addTransactionListener found here says that it takes only one listener as the parameter. But when I call this method, it throws an exception with a message "Must specify 1 or more aids". Where should I specify the AID? Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Retired
My Device: Z10

Re: API 7.0.0

Hi

there was an API change shortly after releasing the 7.0.0 OS and Java SDK. This introduced the AID parameter to addTransactionListener. You need to obtain an updated Eclipse jar file from RIM. This should have been provided to you when you received your NFCR signing key. I'm assuming that since you are developing for a SIM based SE you have already obtained NFCR? If not, then that's what you need to do. Complete the form here: https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Contributor
My Device: Developing on multiple models

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for the information. I have been really struggling with this issues for quite sometime. 

I remember receiving additional information when I received the nfc csi file about three months ago. As this certificate issuing process took some time, I got diverted to other projects. I only was able to pick the project up last week. By then I had deleted the original mail by mistake as it was burried inside the pile of mails that get sent everytime an application is signed.

Will it be possible for you to send the link to get the SDK (or a link to it) again?

Does this mean that I will get a slightly different build of 7.0 API. Does it matter that the phone has got 7.0.0 Bundle 2220 (v7.0.0.513, Platform 9.32.0.51)?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Z10

Hi,

that version should be fine. This is actually FAQ #10 though that's by no means obvious:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/NFC-Developer-FAQ/ta-p/1634793

Can you drop me a private message with your email address in it please and I'll help you with this.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim