Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
marchell
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: assistant programmer

API launcher

Dear, 

i have some trouble about our program blakcberry launcher the notification after install and run for the testing,  "Module 'livingworld' attemp to access a secure API"..

i hope can be resolved. 

thxs, 

sincerely, 

Marchell 

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: API launcher

[ Edited ]

Hi, Applications need to be signed when used by applications for security and export control reasons. So, you need to sign your app using signing keys to run your application. Order signing keys from the link below:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

Make sure you choose a PIN that you'll remember, because you'll need it later when you register your code signing key.

After your request has been processed, you'll receive the following two .csj files in separate emails.

To register the attachment, please follow the instructions below:

BlackBerry® Java® Plug-in for Eclipse®:

1. Save all 3 .csi files, sent via email, into the same directory.
  2. Start Eclipse®.
  3. Click on the Window® menu item and then Preferences.  Expand the BlackBerry Java Plug-in and select "Install new Keys...".
  4. Select one of the 3 .csi files saved in step 1 and click Open.
  5. Click "Yes" to create a new key pair file.
  6. Type a password for your private key of at least 8 characters, and type it again to confirm.  This is your private key password, which protects your private key. Please remember this password as you will be prompted for it each time signing is attempted or a signature key is installed.
  7. Move your mouse to generate date for a new private key.
  8. In the "Registration PIN" field, type the PIN number that you supplied when purchasing signature keys.
  9. In the Private Key password field, type the password created in step 6.
  10. Click "Register".
  11. Click "Exit".
  12. Repeat this process for the other csi files.

BlackBerry WebWorks SDK; BlackBerry® WebWorks® Plug-in for Eclipse®; BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Microsoft® Visual Studio®:

1.  At the command prompt, navigate to the bin folder within the BlackBerry WebWorks Packager installation directory.  Default directories are:
BlackBerry WebWorks SDK and BlackBerry WebWorks Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio:
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager\bin  

BlackBerry WebWorks Development Plug-in for Eclipse:
<Eclipse Installation>\plugins\ net.rim.browser.tools.wcpc\ wcpc\bin C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Widget Packager\bin

2. Type the following command, including the full path of the .csi file:
java -jar SignatureTool.jar <.csi file path>

3.  If a dialog that a private key cannot be found appears, perform the following actions:
a. Click Yes.
b. Type a password for the private key.
c. Type the password to confirm it.
d. Click OK.
e. Move the mouse to generate data for the new private key.

4. In the Registration PIN field, type the PIN number that you supplied when purchasing signature keys.

5.  In the Private Key Password field, type a password of at least eight characters. This is the private key password.
6. Click Register.
7. Click Exit.

After installing sign you application.

Using the BlackBerry Java Plug-in for Eclipse:

1. Right click on your project in the Package Explorer window
  2. Expand the "BlackBerry" menu item
  3. Select "Sign with Signature Tool"
  4. When prompted, enter the signing password you defined when installing your signature keys.

Once the code signing password has been provided, the development tool will launch the BlackBerry Signature Tool which will open in a new window.  You will see any necessary code signing keys applied to all COD files created as part of your application.

For more information  please refer to the BlackBerry Signature Tool Developer Guide.

Please use plain text.