Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
gagansnt
My Device: Not Specified

Access to Missed call

I am developing an application which gives missed call alert to the user. I am using PHoneCallLog class, it has a variable TYPE_MISSED_CALL_UNOPENED this variable is true only when user see the missed call log and not just the missed call number.

I think there must be some API which gives this information because if I have missed call then it is shown on my home screen as soon as I view the missed call number it disappears. If anybody had worked on it before then please suggest some solution.

thanks in advance

Gagan

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: Access to Missed call

See the API docs for PhoneCallLog and PhoneLogListener

Please use plain text.
New Developer
gagansnt

thanks for your response, I am using both of them. But they actually work well user looks at the call log. So let us suppose one of your call got missed now when you look at the homescreen there will be a indicator which specifies that some call is missed. Now when you look at the list of calls by pressing DIAL(green) button you will see a list of calls made by you and the most recent missed call on the top. Now when you come back to homescreen Indicator is now gone because you have seent the number in call list. 

But the 2 classes that you mention which I am also using work only when user go to call list screen and select the missed call number and choses "View History" or view call log from Message->View Folder->Missed Call->View Call Log. 

I wanted to capture the first event that is - When a user got a missed call and just view the number the call list.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Right. Like I said before, use PhoneLogListener.

You record the missed call, you store up a reference to the call object, etc. (Not sure what you want to do after this, you havent said).

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
gagansnt

Sorry for sounding confusing - let me try once more

Problem -I am talking about 2 event-

1. You got a missed call and u view it in call list with out opening the details or history details of call 

2. you got a missed call and u view it in call list and then u select the missed call number and select "viewing history" option from menu option. 

Since I am developing missed-call-alert application which will inform user only when user had not even had viewed the call in call list. It means my application will beep only when user had a missed call indicator on homescreen. Is there anyway I can get that event. 

By using PhoneCallLog I can handle 2nd event only because my code will run only when user view call-Log and not when user does not have even viewed missed call number (event 1)

Please use plain text.
Developer
syedshakeel2004

hi gagansnt,

i am also trying for same thing. i also want  to get alert/notification of unnoticed sms and missed call programmatically/using apis. have u got any solution that how to do it? plz reply. or can we approach another way that if we are able to read the homescreen dialogs events  then we can do it.

with thanx and regards

shakeel

Please use plain text.
akankshadureja
My Device: torch

Hi

Any updates if you were able to capture the missed call event when user did not check history? I am working on a similar app but, not able to find a way out :smileysad:

Please use plain text.