Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 4.5.0

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I'm writing a java application in Blackberry JDE 4.5 that will start listening for some event at the start up. I want to display a small icon at the status bar

I know its support in version 4.6.0 of the BlackBerry API set  with ApplicationIcon, ApplicationIndicator and ApplicationIndicatorRegistry classes but which classes are there in BlackBerry JDE 4.5.0 API set ?

I think some support is there for 4.5.0 as I m using Blackberry Pearl 8100 with OS v4.5.0.81 which displays Notification Icons at status bar for any incoming messages or calls.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 4.5.0

Hi shreyasb,

I don't think there is an API for that for 4.5 and below. Your Pearl 8100 with OS 4.5 can display notification icon such as incoming messages and calls because these were developed using RIM's internal APIs which are not exposed to third party developers. :smileyhappy:

Developer

Re: Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 4.5.0

[ Edited ]

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

New Contributor

Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 6.0

Hello All,

Using ApplicationIndicator i am able to place the icon in the banner on the Home screen along with other indicators such as  missed calls counter.

Now what i exactly want when i click on the icon from the home screen notification bar it will open my application. 

Can any one let me know  how to achieve this event using Blackberry6.0. 

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 6.0

How would u launch an application from clicking the notification summery ? Could u provide me with an example that does on JDE 6? I have been looking at the message list demo but I'd like another source code to look at as well. 

Regular Visitor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: Add a notification icon at the status bar in Blackberry JDE 6.0

Hi

I got stuck the same where u stuck.. if any one know how to attach listener on notification icon. so i can opn my app direlty from there...
Thanks in advance...