Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Adding new folder icons

When adding a new folder to the home screen there is the option to change its color and have it with or without a symbol. I don't like these boring options. My question is, is there a way to change the "extra" folder icons to ones that I choose to add to the BB when either creating a new theme, through the DM or another way by installing the new icons directly on the BB? And how can I do that if it is possible? I would really like to get away from the current folder selections. 

Thanks for any help. 

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telstra AU

Re: Adding new folder icons

Hi 

You cant even add folder to the homescreen from a native application accoding to the API

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.7.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/homescreen/HomeScreen.html

The link above shows you what u can do the the home screen from a native application 

Im either wrong or you posted in the wrong forum.....

Regards

Paul 

-----------

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/paul.haenel

If your issue is resolved, please mark this thread as solved.

Set the "Solution" mark on the post which contains the answer to your question.
New Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: Adding new folder icons

I have added a new folder which is on my home page of my Blackberry Bold 9000 ive named and done a colour theme for the folder but now how do i add items or emails into the folder please help its driving me crazy

Please email me at s.oshea88@yahoo.com.au to help me with this problem