Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: torch
Accepted Solution

Advertising service - NoClassDefFoundError

Hi All

Can anybody help me to traceout the issue related to Advertising service. When I Integrate OS6.0 compatable .jar (BB Ad service SDK)  file and to get the Banners, my application throwing 'NoClassDefFoundError'. Here I am using trail zonal ID : 31848, Testing in 9810 device as well as 9900 Simulator. In both the cases, I am getting the same error.

Can you please tell me Am I using correct zonalID ?, I have build the application using jre6.0 and jre 7.0 as well, but in both the cases, I am getting the same error. I think, I am using compatable softwares. but Don't know why its throwing error like this.

Please suggest me to complete this.

Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Advertising service - NoClassDefFoundError

This is just a guess but it sounds like you are not deploying the JAR to the device.

Try removing the jar from the project and compare the cod sizes.

If the sizes are the same (give or take few KB of code), the jar is not included in the cod.

Search this forum or the BB Advertising Service forum  for including third party JARs in your project.

E.

New Developer

Hi

Thanks for your reply !!

I have checked .cod files before and after adding the .jar file. Yes,there is difference. Hence its not the exact problem then. And I got the information as we should use only the sdk provided by RIM once after registration is completed. Now I am using the same with provided zonal Id. This may take time to get the adds and display in device.

Here May I use this banner as my background image of my screen?

Can I collect all these changed images to a vector/list ?

Please suggest me.

Developer

You can't use the Banner as background since it is not an image.

The Banner is basically a sort of browser field with a timer.

You can add it to a screen but you can't know its content (might be text, image, etc).

E.

New Developer

Thank you so much for your reply !!!

Yes, you are exactly correct. I too had some R&D to set the banner as background.

Thanks once again
Developer

NP :smileyhappy:.

Please mark this thread as closed.

Thanks,

E.