Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
vjkmr
My Device: 9900 - OS 7.0 Torch device
My Carrier: Reliance

Advertising service - Not working on second installation

Hi All

I have an interesting thing creating problem to run the app in eclipse

I have intergrated adsdk which was working fine. Now I have removed the app and created new app with same name, i tried to add the same ad sdk, while running simulator, I am getting No class found Exception. This was there when I integrated non-authenticated sdk. Once after I added authenticated sdk, it was working fine. But now again I got the same problem

My question are as below :

1. Is the ad sdk is for single app ?

2. Can't we add the same adsdk for any other application.

3. My app is too big because of images, If I want to create two different builds with different OS, What shall I do ? instead of adding same adsdk ?

Please suggest me to follow to get ride of my problem.

I have downloaded the another adsdk with same credentials, I tried to add to app, but in OS7.0, it throwing 'Error starting appname : net.rim.device.ui.application' not found and in 9800 device, it throwing 'Error starting appname : net.rim.device.resource.Resources' not found.

Please try to resolve my issue here.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Advertising service - Not working on second installation

Hi,

The Ad SDK can be added to multiple applications but you must make sure to have the library added to the list of exported files when compiling so it gets compiled into your application.

If your application were too large then you should receive other errors.

Could you please confirm that the library is set to be exported with your application as well as the Java SDK version being used and the device software version being used for testing?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.