Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: At&t

Alarm Application

I am making an Alarm app for the blackberry.  Right now  I think there will be a background app that is always running and the it implements the RealtimeCLockListener interface so that when the clock reaches the alarm time it will start the alarm.  After starting the alarm though I will need to update a screen every second.  How can I do something every second or know when every second passes to update the screen?

On another note will the background app keep running even if there is no current alarm and nothing being done at the moment?

Thanks for the help.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Alarm Application

Your alarm screen will need an "updater" thread that performs this update process.

See Thread class in the javadocs.

Since your "updater" thread will not be the UI thread, interaction with the UI should be done using UiApplication.invokeLater().

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: At&t

SHould the updater thread just wait(1000) then updateScreen() or something like that?

Developer

[ Edited ]

That should work.

Thread.sleep(1000)

Super Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: sdvsdvsd

i also have ask that how to run the app in background that check the time selected by the user in background and invokes alert
Developer

Duplicate: Poster has already asked this question in own Thread here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/local-notification-based-on-time-selected-by...