Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Alternate CLDC entry point from within Eclipse

I'm currently unable to get the "Alternate Entry Point" feature to work in Eclipse 3.4 with the ejde-complete-4_7.zip plug-ins.

I've read the previous messages on this topic and think I've got it configured correctly.  On the second entry point, I've modified the "Properties->BlackBerry Project Properties->Application" to set the secondary project as an "Alternate CLDC Application Entry Point" and selected the main project in the pull down box.

I still can't get the secondary entry point to build.  Primary entry point works fine.  Eclipse creates a "src" folder, but there are no source files there.

Thanks,

DD

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Alternate CLDC entry point from within Eclipse

Alternate entry point projects can not have any source code, so an empty src directory is normal.

You won't see an alternate entry point project listed in the projects built in the output window of Eclipse.  It should be built when the project it is an alternate entry point for is built.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Would you expect to see separate *.COD files for each of the entry points?

One of our vendors supplies code with *.COD files for each of the program entry points, one for the system module and one for the user entry point.  This was generated from the previous version of Eclipse and plug-in.

I'm not currently seeing two *.COD files being generated from Eclipse 3.4.  Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,

DD

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

One cod file can have encapsulated inside several alternate entry points.

Alternate entry point is not an application, it is like a batch (*.bat) file that launches the main application, but with different parameters (if set).

Developer

Great, that's what I figured about the alternate entry point as the *.COD for the second point was very small in comparison to the main system module.  But the old project format still made two separate *.CODs.

Just one more follow-up question.

Should all of the "output file name" parameters within the "BlackBerry Project Properties" point to the same filename or different file names?

Thanks,

DD

Developer

When you set a project type as "Alternate entry point" the "Output file name" field goes to unavailable state.
Developer

Mine is currently not doing that....

Able to select "Alternate CLDC Application Entry Point" and I'm able to set the name of the output file too.

Highlighted
Developer

Play with settings in this case.

In my case there is greyed string with different name than the main project. But the alternate entry point are encapsulated into the one cod file along with the main application.