Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
mcatest
My Device: 5000
Accepted Solution

Android

Hi,

This may seem like a silly Q., but where does Google Android fit into the Blackberry world?  Can I deveop apps using it that would be usable in Blackberry phones?

Thanks!

http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/

Developer
DAquilina
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Android

The transfer between the two platforms would not be easy. if I understand correctly, the Android uses Java SE, whereas the BlackBerry uses Java ME -- the two have overlap, but definitely do not share certain APIs. The ease of translation between BlackBerry and Android code is project-spceific (dpending on the extent of your reliability on platform-specific APIs such as RIM's Location API or javax.microedition classes, etc), so I can't give you an off-the-shelf answer to fit your needs.  You might want to research the differences between at java.sun.com before starting a project if you intend to create a multi-platform release.

Good luck!

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
New Contributor
mcatest
My Device: 5000

Thank you.  That helps.

http://mcatprep.yolasite.com/

New Contributor
JasonDroid
My Device: Blackberry Connect

Blackberry Connect for Android would be awesome!  It is the prefect combonation.

Contributor
twangersix
My Device: curve 8250

declaring my interest first: I would like flash player on my BB so as to proceed easily with an internet radio project.

Digging around tonight I discovered a press release event :www.mobile.visalus.com 

this announcing an app that integrates Android and Blackberry(Vi-Net) .

Does this mean that Flash will be usable on BBs??

Contributor
probbiethe1
My Device: Dont have one

I currently have 5 apps in Blackberry World and they were all Android apps first. The process was super simple. I actually wrote a tutorial about it on my website www.probbieproducts.com