Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Any profiler for BlackBerry?..

Is there any profiler for BlackBerry? Something like VisualVM in JDK.

As far as I understand now, VisualVM does not "see" any "foreign" JVMs, such as the JVM from an emulator of BlackBerry or Android.

I have seen "BlackBerry Profiler View" in Eclipse but it is empty when a simulator is running (and my application is launched there). I can't understand what can I do there.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Any profiler for BlackBerry?..

I use the built in profiler that comes with Blackberry JDE. 

Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Thank you.

I should have remembered that IDE. I use Eclipse and already have forgotten about JDE.

Is there a really quick and simple way to import the Eclipse project in JDE? As far as I remember, I once had to import every file manually. This is not an option.

Developer
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

As far as I remember you have to set breakpoints or stop the execution by hand to get object statistics, look for memory leaks, etc.

I think there are some real time stats as well, but I don't believe it has any info on execution times per method, real time leak detection or anything of that sort.

Like other parts of the toolset, profiler is extremely simplistic and a pain to use.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified