Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
rayram23
Accepted Solution

Any way to tell if the BB has left a define proximity location

Hello i am making an app where i need to notify the user he/she has enter or left a define location... the proximity listener helps me with my first problem but i havent found anything that supports whether or not the user has left the define location that is passed into addproximitylistner... I was thinking about getting a time stamp of when an proximity event occured and then having a pre determined amout of time go by before i make that location irrelevant. How ever an issue i come across is when a person is in a building for a long amount of time most likely that pre determined amount of time has passed and the users proximity location remains the same... any help would be appreciated thanks....
Please use plain text.
Developer
rayram23

Re: Any way to tell if the BB has left a define proximity location

[ Edited ]

geez i feel like an **bleep**.... for those of you like me use distance(Coordiante to)

haha it bleeped out wut i said

Message Edited by rayram23 on 07-22-2009 11:46 AM
Message Edited by rayram23 on 07-22-2009 11:47 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Namratha
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Any way to tell if the BB has left a define proximity location

[ Edited ]

Hello....please can you put up the code in which you have used proximity listener.It would be of great help. thanks in advance

EDIT: Removed personal information

Please use plain text.