Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: null
Accepted Solution

App does not work on physical device

Hi, I just received word that my first submitted App did not work on any device - but gave the following error message:

"An error occurred while starting (AppName). The application has been terminated.'

I had thoroughly tested my App and it worked flawlessly for me on multiple simulators. I have read some similar posts on this forum, and I'm wondering if the problem is with code signing. So my question is this: Do I need to sign my App again before every release, or do I only need to sign it only once when at the start?  Or might the problem be something else altogether?

Thomas.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: App does not work on physical device

Each build that is to be installed on a device, or submitted to AppWorld, must be signed.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Agree with RexDoug. 

Your messge however suggests to me that you are doing some long processingon the Event thread, for example, connecting to a Server as part of the start up procesing and blocking the UI until you get a response.  This sort of thing does not fail in the SImulator, possibly because it runs at LAN connection speeds, so the blockages are always small.    

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: null

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, my App is very simple - I chose a simple one for the first, so I didn't complicate matters.  I''ll try simply re-signing my App and then re-submitting it.