Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
jushlwest
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: mobile developer
Accepted Solution

App doesn't save permissions when User Prompted application permissions are "Saved"

When user click on "save", permission doesn't save and when we lounch app we get this dialog again.  This occurs with BlackBerry devices on BES. What is it problem? Do you have any idea?

Untitled.png

Please use plain text.
Developer
moniko17
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

Re: App doesn't save permissions when User Prompted application permissions are "Saved"

yes probably your application need permission to run..this is normal
Please use plain text.
New Developer
shivam284
My Device: torch,bold,curve,strom
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: App doesn't save permissions when User Prompted application permissions are "Saved"

yes this dialog occurs under this situation.

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar Shivam
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jushlwest

But when I click on button "save" nothing happen. Then I launch app again and i get the same dialog. This is repeated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

If their IT Policy denies your access to this then you will get this prompt every time they run your app.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jushlwest

that is, if BES denies access, is it right?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Correct.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jushlwest

Note: I can not to run the App. When I click on button "Save" I immediately get the dialog again.
We have compared the app to other BB apps which require network connectivity, and they do not experience this problem with same BES settings.

Are there any ideas how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Check the Permissions for the other apps to see what connections attributes they have set.  Compare that with yours. 

Also which permissinos do you ask for? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

In the other applications does it ask for the permissions the first time and then not again? If so, the developer probably caches some variable to say they checked the permissions and so doesn't ask for them again.
Please use plain text.