Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Royster86
My Device: 9360, P'9981, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone, Virgin

App upgrade permissions + background thread issue

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with an app where by when the app is upgraded from one version to another via desktop manager, an exception is generated for some users (physical devices):

Uncaught Exception Application net_rim_bb_trust_application_manager (xxx) is not responding process terminated

I myself am unable to replicate the issue on my test devices, however from my research it seems to be that it is related to a permissions prompt (I have a background thread which listens for emails and other messages) - I get the permission prompt on my device, but do not get the error (the app does not seem to run before I accept the permissions).

Is there any way to temporarily pause the background thread and wait for the user to accept the permission prompts before initialising the various message listeners I use? Or is there a better way to handle this exception?

I have tried building using the 5.0.0, 6.0.0 and 7.0.0 SDKs - I am not sure what version OS the devices affected are using, but will update this thread when I have them.

Currently the users have to reboot the device in order to overcome the issue, as I'm guessing on next startup, when the app autostarts, the permission has already been given so it runs successfully.

Thanks -

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ankitagrawal
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: App upgrade permissions + background thread issue

You are running a background thread. Am I right??

If it is so, then no need to worry and start the thread, after your application will launch at the first.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Royster86
My Device: 9360, P'9981, Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone, Virgin

Re: App upgrade permissions + background thread issue

Hi - thanks,

The only problem is this would require the app to be launched by the user - I need the app to work even if the user does not launch it.

It must be possible as I don't have the issue on my device?

Please use plain text.