Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mikes2002
My Device: Not Specified

Application List vs Module

On both the simulator and an actual device I have multiple applications.  They appear to randomly show up in either the Application list or module list in the Options -> Advanced Options -> Application area.  Does any one know why one application would show up in the module list versus the application list.  My applications are installed the same way on the simulator using eclipse and on the actual device using javaloader.  The one that shows up in the module area is setup to be an auto start application with a listening thread on the backend.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Application List vs Module

Sorry, can't really answer your question, as I seldom use javaloader.  However, in my experience, javaloader doesn't play nice with the Application/modules lists on the device.  So I would recommend you install using alx's and/or jads.  With these you will an application entry, and associated with that entry, a number of modules.
Please use plain text.
Developer
mikes2002

I will give it a try.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

if you only load the cod file with javaloader the application will not be shown in the application list, only as a module.
you can work around this by loading the jad file instead (with the cod present, of course, as the jad only points to the cod).

usually this is only a nuisance, but sometimes a regular installation (ota, e.g.) leaves you with an old module version number (the module is replaced but the version number is not).
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.