Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
howard_mendel
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Application Version and Vendor values not working

[ Edited ]

I'm new to BlackBerry development and working with the sample BlackBerry Web Icon example (to launch a website in the browser) and have almost everything working correctly.

Using the BlacBerry JDE 4.7.0.41, I have created my project/application.  I tried to set the project general properties (title, version, vendor, description).  When loading the application to the BB, the title is being properly displayed, but the version shows as 0.0.

In looking at the .jad file, it seems that the version and vendor fields aren't being set to the values I specified on the General tab for the project Properties (see below).

MIDlet-Version: 0.0
MIDlet-Name: Test Title
MIDlet-Description: Test Description

MIDlet-Vendor: <unknown>

I must be missing something pretty basic, so hopefully someone can point-out what I need to do.

As a workaround, I thought about just editing the .jad file, but didn't know if this might cause other isues.

Thoughts/suggesions?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Application Version and Vendor values not working

If you already compiled the file once before setting the general properties, then you will need to delete the jad so it can be recreated or edit it by hand.

Please use plain text.