Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Application auto run on phone startup

Hi,

I've read a lot of posts which explain how to make an app to auto run when the phone starts up, but none of them explained how to do it whitout JDE or Eclipse Plugin.

Im coding my app using NetBeans (with a plugin for BB), and have nowhere to set an "auto startup" flag.  So, please, can anyone tell me how can I tell my phone to start my app on startup without using JDE's "Auto-run on startup" property???

Thanks in advance,

Juan Martin

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: Application auto run on phone startup

Do you have any xml file which describes project properties?

Thanks.

Contributor

Thanks for your response! No, I dont have any xml describing my project properties.  Just the jad, cod and an alx file I manually create to be able to deploy my app on a real device.  Perhaps can I set this property on the jad file?

Thanks in advance!

Juan Martin

Developer
My Device: 9700

[ Edited ]

Here is an interesting solution. Didn't try it myself:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/developer-forum/80154-auto-start-apllication-thru-netbeans.html

Hope that helps,

E.

Contributor

Thanks maadani, you hit tha nail in the head.  For others with same problem:

- Open "Project Properties" window in Netbeans, go to "Application Descriptor" and add this Attribute:

Name: RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1

Value: 35

Placement: JAD

Said by original poster (eZainny): "The value you give the flag determines its startup behaviour. Right now, for example, I have an application that auto-starts up and is a system module. The value for that is 35. [...] The value is different depending on the startup hierarchy position you want your app to be in (1 - 7) and whether you want a system module or not. Experiment a bit and the above should make a bit more sense"

Thanks again!

Juan Martin