Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
Paramvir
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Application initialization problem

Hi everyone,

I am working on an application for OS version 5.0 and 6.0. The application is about to complete but I am getting a strange problem. The aplication is running smoothly on the simulator and my two hardware devices (Torch and Curve). but everytime I make a proper signed build and send it to the client, the client is not able to run it. When he clicks on the application icon, the screen freezes for a few seconds and nothing happens. I detected that there may be some problems with the things I am doing while initilizing the application (the application class constructor and the splash screen constructor). But I am not being able to pinpoint the exact cause of this problem. I have removed all the heavy code which may cause problem like multiple entry points, database initialization, notification registration. If you are able to identify a problem, please suggest me what I should do. If possible, please direct me to some links.

Thanks,

Paramvir Singh

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Application initialization problem

check the event log (alt+lglg on the homescreen)
attach a debugger and see if there is output.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Paramvir
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Application initialization problem

Hi Simon, glad to see your reply so quick. Now I will use Alt + LGLG more intensively. I was baffled with this strange behaviour that the application was running on all my devices and simulators but not on client's.

Please use plain text.