Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Application not loading in Eclipse v1.1 Beta Simulators

[ Edited ]

Intent: I want to view my application in the simulator

Problem: I am unable to view my application in the simulator most of the time. After restarting the simulator a couple times and making minor changes to the settings, the application sometimes appears. These changes to the settings are more superstitious than applicable since they never consistently work. This is a recent problem and I don't know what I changed in my workspace to cause this problem to start.

Eclipse: Galileo

Plugin: v1.1 Beta 2

Component Pack: net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.14

Simulators: 9000, 9550, 9700

Previous posts with similar problems. Some of the proposed solutions are not applicable to the v1.1 Beta 2 plugin.

Steps already taken:

• Ran clean.bat from a cmd window
  • Removed the .dmp files in the simulator directory
  • Deleted the debug profile and created a new debug profile for my application
  • Checked the Download folder in the simulator to see if the application was hiding in there
  • Checkboxed the option for the project to create the .alx file in the application descriptor xml
  • Made sure .cod, .alx, .jad, .jar and other associated files were in the simulator directory
  • Checked the time stamps of the application files in the simulator directory to make sure they were the most recent
  • Manually built the project by right-clicking the Project -> Blackberry -> Package Projects(s)
  • Opened the .jad and .alx files in a text editor to verify the version numbers are correct
  • Looked for .err files in the simulator directory and did not find any
  • Checked my PATH: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Application not loading in Eclipse v1.1 Beta Simulators

Great post. Gives a lot to work with. The one thing I did not see in the list was your Debug and Run Configurations.

Have you checked them to make sure the project you are debugging is checked?

Run > Debug Configurations...

Run > Run Configurations...

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
New Developer

I've checked:

Run > Debug Configurations...

Run > Run Configurations...

and both have my project checkboxed.

Where are the run, debug configuration files stored? Maybe I can go in and manually delete them just like how I can delete .dmp files of simulators.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

The solution is bolded below. I'm not sure if it is a solution since I still don't know the cause of the problem, and its just a generic solution that could fix any number of problems.

Other things tried that failed

• Uninstalled all simulators that predated 5.0
  • Reinstalled Eclipse (3.5 SP2) with Eclipse Plugin 1.1 Beta 2

After reinstalling Eclipse and the Eclipse plug-in, and still having the problem persist, I realized the problem must be with my project itself or the workspace. I finally came up with this solution:

Solution

I created a new workspace, a new project, and just copy/pasted the source files from my old project to the new project. Then I spent some time reconfiguring my project to resemble my old project (eg. Blackberry Application Descriptor, Simulator settings)

I don't know whether the problem was my project or the workspace. At this point, I have little patience to determine the cause and am just thankful now that my application shows up everytime I launch the simulator.

[edit] wordsmithing

Regular Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: 18683796915

this worked for me as well. thanks.