Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Company

Application permission

Hi,

In Blackberry is there any way once the user  assign allow permission to my app after  it system donot allow him to

change the application permission...

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application permission

"allow permission to my app after  it system donot allow him to change the application permission"

This is usually only the case on corporate phones when the Blackberry administrator has set the permissions for 3rd party apps, in which case the answer is no.

But if this is not the case for you can you explain you situation more completely?

Also have you looked at the ApplicationPermissionDemo sample application?   

Developer

Hi,

I am working with Blackberry Bold 9700 .some times a specail case occur with my app that is when i try to edit the app permission the system dialog occur with messsage you donot have the permissions to change  the app permissions.but some times i get success to change the app permissions..

it is my requirement that system dialog always come has the result user can not change the permission of my app

but i fail to understand the case when the system dialog occur.

now what i am doing.

when user edit my app permmsion then i programatically request for app permssions.for this a background thread is working..while i test the app some time system donot allow me to chnage the app permission...

Developer

Can you give us an example please.

Also you have not answered the question as whether this happens for corporate phones or not.  Can you tell us this?

Developer

Hi,

I have a thread which runs in Background..after every 3 seconds it request for application permission.so if user changed my application permission then he will see system screen which request for permission  othewise not....

while testing this some time system dialog come with message you donot have the permission to change the application permission ,,,

devcice is activated on BIS but not Activated with BES....

Developer

I'm not sure that you need to check for Application Permissions every 3 seconds.  Can a user change these on the fly?  In my testing you can give permissions to an app, but you can't take permissions away without requiring a restart.  Is that your experience too? 

Regarding your screen, sorry I don't think I can help here, I have never seen it and not sure why it would appear.  Perhaps someone else can help. 

A snap shot of the screen might be useful.