Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
shenku
Accepted Solution

Application title wrong in application options screen

Hi All,

I am using the Eclipse 1.1 plugin on the 4.6.0 component.  The problem I am having is with the BlackBerry_App_Descriptor.xml settings.  I have set the application title and description in the "General Settings" section.

When I run on the simulator the title shows up correctly in the Home Screen and Application Ribbon.

However when I open the Application List in Options->Applications, I see my app listed with a title of the cod file name and the configured application title is in () after that.  So if the title is My Application and the cod file name is my_application.cod, I see my_application (My Application) in the list.

Looking at the properties of the app I see the title is listed just as the cod name, but it has the correct description.

Some items to note:

the cod file name is different from the application project name (is this a problem?)

I configured the output filename on the build tab of the descriptor

Since the cod file can't have spaces in it and my application title must have spaces, how can I get the Application list to just show my Title?  I can see that other apps are doing this so there must be a way to get it to work right.

Thanks,

Aaron

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Application title wrong in application options screen

This is an anomaly of how applications are deployed to the BlackBerry Smartphone simulator from Eclipse.  Installing through another means (other than using javaloader and specifying the cod file name) should populate that list with the appropriate information.

FYI, here is a list of all installation methods.

Load applications onto a BlackBerry smartphone

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/Load-applications-onto-a-BlackBerry-sm...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
shenku

Thanks for the info!  Yes we have been loading through javaloader so that's good to know.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
geeta_shewale
My Carrier: omnibridge

Facing the same issue .....but not able to solve it ..

Please use plain text.