Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Black Berry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Application works with Black Berry Simulator from BB JDE, but not with Eclipse

Hello,

I have started to look at Black Berry development for the past few days. I tried Eclipse, because I like the IDE and it's a nice IDE to develop with...but I cannot see the icons when I run the simulator.

If I run in debug, while it's loading the simulator, it hits the breakpoints, so I assumed I was gonna see straight away the application in the Simulator and not land on the welcome screen..but no I was on the welcome screen, and my app wasn't in Download folder. When I try to load the application through file>Load application, it loads it apparently, but it doesn't land in Download.

So I tried Black Berry JDE, and there, I don't really like the IDE, but it works, I can debug and load an app. Although I really want to use Eclipse, and I wondered if any one had any idea why the Eclipse Simulator does that.

The laptop I'm using is 2.5 years old, but I don't think it has any thing to do with it. The only thing is that the simulator is really slow and the apps are really really slow too.

The check box "Do not display the application icon on the BlackBerry home screen" isn't checked.
There is an actual image icon too in the resource folder.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Application works with Black Berry Simulator from BB JDE, but not with Eclipse

Try a sample application and see if you see the same problem.

New Contributor
My Device: I am developer
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Application works with Black Berry Simulator from BB JDE, but not with Eclipse

Hi Kcrik

I have no answer for you. I just posted exactly the same question. Just to let you know that you are not alone.

I played with the sample applications and none of them is visible on the simulator (although they seem to be uploaded fine) - I  see no icon on the main menu and nothing in download folder, quite bizarre.

Lets see if someone has a fix for that problem.

cheers

victor