Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
BeMor
My Device: Not Specified

ApplicationPermissions on dependent libraries

Hi All,

I am using the ApplicationPermissions example in the JDE example workspace to check and change permissions if they are not set correct for my application. All works well apart when it comes to changing the permissions the application its self are changed fine but the dependent libraries underneath are not change. This is very strange as they are checked. Any help on how to change the permissions on dependent libraries would be great.

Cheers

Developer
BeMor

Re: ApplicationPermissions on dependent libraries

Has anyone got any thoughts on this or how I can get a handle on the dependent libraries / modules??

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Are the libraries themselves executing code?  If so, they could ask for the required permissions before doing so.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
BeMor

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I have got around this issue by placing all my COD files in the ALX as one application rather than separate applications and therefore separate permissions. This also seems to install a lot more reliably. I thought the separate applications and therefore the separate permissions for each application was causing the issues I was having with the security prompts despite having an application policy profile which grants all access. Is there any work around to this issue. I know that a number of users will get confused and select No on the trusted prompted from the OS and get confused also by the 'press menu then save or if that doesn't work menu then set as default then save' on the application permissions check. Im not sure if to have set a security policy or just set all to default as you seem to get more prompts with having the policies on especial the trusted prompt when you first start the application. I'm very confused by the whole thing.

Cheers