Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: verizon

Array of Objects from Web Service .NET with KSoap2

Hello...

I have a question about to retrieve an array of objects from web service .NET (VS2008). I am working with eclipse 3.5 classic, Blackberry java plug in 1.1.2, Blackberry java SDK 4.5, ksoap2 and Blackberry simulator 8300.

I can get a single object with its properties from the web service, but I couldn't find information on the net for array of objects in Blackberry. Here is what I want to do:

in the web service I have:

Class: Customer (name, id)

I return an array aCustomers[]

in the eclipse app:

I have the class Customer with the methods of KvmSerializable

I don't know how to specify in addMapping the type of object that I want to retrieve. I was reading the documentation and it is for class type, not an object.

I use this for a sinlge object:

envelope.addMapping("http://tempuri.org/encodedTypes", "Customer", new Customers().getClass());  

I would like to know how to specify that the data coming from the web service is an array of objects.

Please, can you help me with this question?... show me a sample or a link where I can find this information...

Thanks...

BTW: when I use Vector<Customer> I get this error: Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5.   What it meas??  This is because of I am using JRE 4.5. ??