Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Forums Advisor I
vaishali28
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Augumented Reality App

Hi

I have searched across the forum but didn't find any suitable link for creating agumented reality application.

Can anyone please help me??

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Augmented Reality App

I suggest you review this current Thread;

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-draw-POI-on-camera-screen/td-p/261700...

There are other Threads regarding augmented Reality too, I would search all of these.

Augmented Reality offers a number of challenges that need to be resolved.  I suggest you investigate each of these in turn and decide how you can resolve them.  For example, finding your location, direction and orientation are clearly important before you can request details on POIs around you.  And then you have to actually need a source of POIs. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
vaishali28

Hey in this link.

http://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/java/documentation/augmented_reality_1984774_11.html

Determine if a POI is within the camera field of view

I have calculated lat and long of the device and send that to the google places and i am getting the POIs.

Now i have to convert the location coordinates as well as POIs into cartesian coordinates.

And for the orientation i am using the Magnetometer and after that i don't understand what to do?

Please suggest me ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
vaishali28

Hey any reply?

Please use plain text.