Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9630

Auto Start application on Blackberry Reboot

Hi,

I am developing blackberry applicaiton. My application support OS 5.0 and above.

Now in , my application i had requirement that should auto start on blackberry hard or soft reset.

I study various forum and found that we can do it by selecting "auto start up" option in blackberry project

setting. but if i do this setting my application is automatically start after hard reset of blackberry phone.

But the problem for is that if i select "auto start up" option then it remove the delete option for application i.e.

i can never delete my applicatio. i go to option > device > applicaiton management and i select my application

icon.    But i can not seen the delete option to delete my applicaiton.

If i remove the auto start up option and if i again launch my application then i can delete the applicaiton.

So my concern is how i do auto start application in blackberry and it also have the option do delete the application.

Because not have delete option byt selecting auto startup would be worst for user point of you.

What i need is my application must auto restart on hard reset as well as it must have the delete option for deleteing application through blackberry application manaement.

I have blackberry 9860.

Regards,

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Auto Start application on Blackberry Reboot

autostart applications can be deleted normally.
a missing delete option can be the result of loading the app with javaloader, for example. you can delete everything using javaloader, btw.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9630

Hi,

Simon

Using javaloader may create the problem ...please can u elobrate more about javaloader...

and how i test as per your suggestion so if i select the auto-start from project setting and still i can

delete the device.

looking to hear from you soon..

Regards,

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

if you use javaloader to directly load the cod file (instead of the jad file) the program is installed a bit different. i cannot say for sure, it just has other entries and sometimes misses the delete option.

i have several autostart software products that can be deleted normally, so i suspect that your issue is something else.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter