Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
omri
My Device: Not Specified

Automated build and branding

Hey everyone, I would like to create an automated proccess for building a couple of versions of my application for the blackberry, each with a little twist in the branding (Diffrent resource file or something like that)

I would like to have some automated way to run one command, and for the diffrent branded versions to get build and prefferably signed as well

what is the recommended way to do so?

Thanks in advance, Omri.

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka

Re: Automated build and branding

AFAIK, I'm about the only one constantly posting on this but see the thread on linux development too.

Essentially, could use Eclipse or the RIM tools or reverse engineer based on copying from the build window.

I've posted some strings output from rapc.exe (LOL).

I've posted  various code fragments and mentioned strategies for comprehensive localization and branding

that range from preprocessing or awk to post-install customization ( where resources can be requested with

full knowledge of the target device states and traits).

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
mkirkup

I would strongly encourage you to attend the Developer Conference if possible since there is a session being delivered by Metova that provides insight into their build environment and the best practices that they have found.  RIM is also working on pulling together documentation and information on 3rd party vendors who would be willing to sell or support you in the creation of an automated build system.

Mike Kirkup
Director, Developer Relations
Please use plain text.
Developer
omri

I will not be able to attend the confrence.

Any other tips?

Please use plain text.