Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
pxlam15
My Device: Torch

BB Applications won't load

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon all,

Every time I try to package projects and upload them onto the simulator nothing happens.  I think there is something wrong with my simulator since the Blackberry simulator crashes after a few minutes of being up saying there is a Microsoft C++ Runtime library error.  

I have tried running clean.bat
Manually deleting all the dmp files
loading .cod files via file -> import bb theme etc on the BB simulator
Nothing seems to work.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time in advance :smileyvery-happy:

Edit: Forgot to mention that the error message with the Microsoft C++ Runtime library error is accompanied by the message: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Applications won't load

I would try to get the Simulator working before investigating anything else.

You are clearly having problems with the ones supplied with Eclipse.  So I would try downloading a separate one.  You can find them here:

http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

One minor comment.  If running on Win 7 or above, I think the recommendation is to NOT install in the standard "Program Files" directory as this prevents the Simulator from updating files in directories that are located in there.  I usually install into a RIM directory - I am going to have to rename this now they are no longer called RIM!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pxlam15

Hey sorry for such the late response.  I have been very ill the past few days.  Currently, I have my simulator saved under my eclipse which is located under the local c but not under any programs.  Do you recommend me moving this?  Also I just upgraded to a windows 8 computer.  Does that give you a better idea of how I can handle this problem?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pxlam15

Oops, I opened this page a long time ago and it didn't update.  Didn't realize you responded twice.  Will try out your solution and let you know how it goes.  Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pxlam15

Hey Peter,

I am still getting the microsoft run time error.  I have done a clean boot and I have uninstalled reinstalled multiple times.  I tried both 64 and 32 bit and still no luck.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.