Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
neurovous
My Device: 8130

BB Bluetooth SPP support

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out the best approach to sending text using  a BB 8130  and a third party bluetooth module through SPP.   Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.  

The module I'm using has a RS-232 interface so my thoughts were to follow the approach outlined in the BluetoothDemo app in JDE4.5.  I've got the app working between two blackberry's.  However I cannot for the life get data from my hyperterminal session with the 3rd party bluetooth product to the applications screen on the BB.

I have verified the 3rd partys SPP data sending functionality with a USB bluetooth keyfob I have.  I am trying to generate an SPP RFCOMM connection with the blackberry.  When I poll the BB from the 3rd party product it shows the following services on the following RFCOMM channels:

< I SERVICENAME S "BlackBerry Desktop Service P:0x30293287 R:0x04 V:0x20104\x00" >

< I PROTOCOLDESCRIPTORLIST < < U L2CAP > < U RFCOMM I 03 > > >

< I SERVICENAME S "Phonebook Access PSE\x00" >

< I PROTOCOLDESCRIPTORLIST < < U L2CAP > < U RFCOMM I 04 > < U OBEX > > >

< I SERVICENAME S "BlackBerry Bypass Service P:0x30293287 R:0x04 V:0x20003\x00" > < I PROTOCOLDESCRIPTORLIST < < U L2CAP > < U RFCOMM I 05 > > >

Do BB's support SPP profile?  Which service should I use to connect and send text data over? Anywho ya your right total noob but keeeen ;-)  Thanks in advance. 

New Contributor
neurovous
My Device: 8130

Re: BB Bluetooth SPP support

Any advice?