Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
maysalward
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Zain Jordan

BBM Integration in Games

We integrated the BBM in our games and when we are testing with the Emulator the functionalities are working but when we want to test on the real device the following error show: Error starting"TheAppName"-3attempts to access a 

secure API?

How the App can be certified to access the Secure API?

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM Integration in Games

You need to obtain a set of keys and sign the application.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maysalward

[ Edited ]

thanks RexDoug! How to obtain the Set of Keys? Process?

Actually we obtained Keys and we use them but when we tried to use them again it said expired so we requested new keys but they told us the key is already issued.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
klajili
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile DE

Can you confirm you didn't sign your application before you load it on to the device?

if so, you can't get any application running on a real device without being signed with your BlackBerry signing keys.

Please order your keys free of charge here: https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/nfc-form.html

and follow the instructions on how to configure your machine for signing in the emails you will get from us. Make sure these emails do not go into the spam folder!

Learn more about code signing at: https://developer.blackberry.com/CodeSigningHelp/codesignhelp.html 

I hope that helps

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maysalward

We signed and it worked one time the next time we tested .. it gave us a message that the Keys expired. We tried to issue new keys we were informed that we already have keys

Please use plain text.
klajili

that sounds weird. Can you make sure the time is set correctly on the BlackBerry when you use it? Can you use another email address to request new keys and sign with those...? Also please make sure that you are not using APIs which are not officially published and supported.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maysalward

I request 3 csi files and used them to sign a simple testing application, signer appear that RRT does not signed and when try to load RRT csi file it promt me you dont have more attempts !!

Please use plain text.
klajili

The CSI keys you get can only be used once to configure your computer for signing. You use them to create your won privat key which you should backup. Please follow the instructions on how to configure the signing computer. Use the wizard in the Eclipse Plug-in. That would help you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maysalward

thanks.

We are using the netbeans not eclipse  because we have extra tasks at built time inside the game ... is there a way that we can use Netbeans to sign or Command Line ? 

Or Can Eclipse sign a .COD ready?

Please use plain text.