Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
JerryOnly
My Device: Blackberry 9900

BBM SDK. BBMPlatformContactList problem.

Hi. 

I am developing a game for 4 players. I use BBMPlatformSession.

When the host has 3 players in the session sends a message to everyone to start the game.

Sometimes when the player (guest) receives the message in the BBMPlatformContactList is only the host. Other times, host and another player and sometimes all 3.

This never happens in the simulator. They are always all. Only in the real devices. 

Any idea where is the problem? Should I wait some time to get the full contact list?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM SDK. BBMPlatformContactList problem.

I have something similar and the various contactInvited/Joined/Left/Declined methods on the SessionListener are driven correctly.  I would double check your code and look for timing issues. 

Contributor
JerryOnly
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply.

Is there any difference between  the list you get  (BBMPlatformContactList) from 

BBMPlatformSession.getContactList() and the BBMPlatformContactList received in the callback BBMPlatformSessionListener.contactsJoined?

Retired
rmasroor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Hey Jerry,

In regards to your question about BBMPlatformContactList, there is no difference between BBMPlatformContactList from BBMPlatformSession.getContactList() and the BBMPlatformContactList received in the callback BBMPlatformSessionListener.contactsJoined

Cheers!

Raihan Masroor
BlackBerry Development Advisor