Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BBM SDK - ShareContent API

Done.

Trusted Contributor
chamarts
My Device: 9360

thx peter. 

Trusted Contributor
chamarts

Hi Peter,

any acknwoledgement from dev team on issue and if they have plans to provide solution in near future ? My application badly need this requirment and we have moved from sessions to this API after finding issues with the BBM  version mismatches with former approach.

thx & rgds, 

Srinivas

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I escalated this via the forum mechanisms rather than the dev teams, so any acknowledgement would actually come back here.  The fact that we have had nothing indicates that this didn't work, at least not yet.  I don't have any other methods for escalation. 

You can try sending a PM to rmasroor who was involved in BBM development (he may not be now, I don't know).   

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

[ Edited ]

Are you looking to respond to the user who sent the ShareContent automatically?  This isn't supported without having the user select a contact.  You could restrict the contact list shown so that it only includes the person who sent the message.

However, this type of use case (receiving data and responding automatically) would likely be handled better with a Channel or Session.  Can you elaborate on what your end goal is?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Trusted Contributor
chamarts

We have used session/channel before moved to this API on issues with BBM versions. We were advised to use this API and we have issues on acknwoledgement or to know who we sent the data in first place. Atleast a list of contacts who we shared the data is important, I feel basic one and also good to have any callback on auto acknowledgements. 

thx & rgds, 

Srinivas Chamarthi

Trusted Contributor
chamarts

Hi MSohm,

I think my two requests still holds good to be applied for this API and I don't see anything changes on the API and it doesn't effect any one. any tgts ? 

thx & rgds, 

Srinivas Chamarthi

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking here.  If you are suggesting feature requests the best place to log them is in Issue Tracker.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker