Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BBM SDK issues

I have the two simulators up and running, but some I have some questions on some of the key features.

1a. If I accept a join invitation, and the app is not already running, the launch parameter is passed in args[0] instead of args[1]. This is important because what I normally expect in args[0] is overwritten.

I have confirmed that I am correctly returning the correct values for 

getInvocableModuleHandle

getInvocableApplicationDescriptorIndex

in my BBMPlatformApplication subclass.

1b. if the app is already running, main is not called, activate is called, and I have no idea what context I was launched in.

BBMContextChangeListener :: appInvoked is never called either.

2. Has anyone gotten a download invitation to work in the simulator? App World launches for me, momentarily displays "UNKNOWN" then goes to BBM's app page.

How will this mechanism work? I'm not sure, as we aren't asked to provide and a URL, and my app has several module names, so I'm not sure how they will direct me to the correct App World page.

I see in the PlatformDemo sample app, the BBMPlatformApplication subclass has implemented a method called:

getApplicationDownloadUrl

This method doesn't appear anywhere in the documentation though. Do I need to override it?

Thanks guys.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: development

Re: BBM SDK issues

Hi

Were you able to resolve this issue ?  We are unable to get our app to launch when it is not running either. We find that the tictactoe sample seems to work fine and are unable to see the difference.

(When it is running, we use channel/session listeners and that part works ok)

New Developer

I resolved the issue for the beta SDK, but it's happening in a different way with version 1, and I'm still struggling with it.

Do you have an alternate entry by any chance?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

The download invitation won't work until the app is on app world and available.  At that point the link will automatically open app world to your app.  The system knows the link between the app on device and where it came from on app world.  

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Contributor

jsonli, i have two entry points in my app.Can you please tell me what is the flow of app invocation (when not in running state)after accepting the join invitation.
New Developer

Your code from the other thread looks incorrect.
You should override getInvocableApplicationDescriptorIndex

and return the appropriate index of the descriptor to be used to launch when the app isn't already running.

That said, I am already doing that, and it still doesn't open as it should.

I'm stuck on this.

Try it out and see if yours work, and let me know what happens.
Contributor

jsonli,

Its not working for me too.Smiley Sad