Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Retired
rmasroor
My Device: BlackBerry 8520

Re: BBM Sample Verifying

Hey Guys.

I apologize that you are encountering some difficulty in setting up the environment. I would just like to confirm that the following steps have been followed (apologies once again for the obviousness) just so that I can rule missing steps:

1) Making sure that JAVA_HOME has been set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20 or later should work.

2) PATH variable is set to JAVA_HOME\bin

3) rimpublic.property UDP.send.host = IP address where the MDS simulator is running. 

4) You have downloaded local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_24\jre\lib\security. Sometimes I have noticed that C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security works as well.

5) You are running run.bat and there are no exceptions while executing the command prompt. (typically if US_export_policy.jar and local_policy.jar have are not been copied properly, you will see exceptions)

6) When you run the simulator found in the SDK folder or running a simulator via a customized command line http://bit.ly/vKeJz9, make sure your simulator is registered on the BlackBerry Network. Can you launch one simulator at a time.

7) Can you also make sure that your simulator has MDS connectivity by visiting a WebPage on the native browser or connecting to App World.

Let me know your feedback.

Raihan Masroor
BlackBerry Development Advisor
Retired
rmasroor

Hey Guys,

Some new info that may help answer your questions or issues.

The current version of the MDS-CS does not support https proxy server if the device uses end-to-end https. The BBM simulator will have the same limitations as it inherits the same code base. (The MDS-CS doesn't send any HTTPS connections though a proxy server as it only sends HTTP).

We plan to have this fixed in our upcoming versions of the MDS-CS.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I will be glad to answer them for you.

Raihan Masroor
Developer
lcaro
My Device: Blackberry 8110

Hi Raihan,

So what you mean is that I can't test BBM Connected apps using the BBM MDS-CS behind a proxy and that explains why I can verify my apps at home with my broadband but I can't do it at work working behind a proxy.

Regards

Developer
lcaro
My Device: Blackberry 8110

Hi again,

I saw there's a new version of the BBM SDK. It's the v1.3 Beta. Does this version fix the MDS problem when working behind a proxy?

Regards

Retired
rmasroor

Hey Icaro,

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

The BBM MDS-CS simulator version of the SDK 1.3 is v3.5.3 which is the same as the previous SDK. We are in the works of fixing the issue.

Regards,

Raihan

Raihan Masroor
New Contributor
guilleglad
My Device: Not Specified

Hi there, i'm working with BBM SDK but i'm getting just the same problem you were talking about in this post, can you help me with it? Did you figure it out?  Thank you.