Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: BBM not launching programmatically

Thanks you peter for your time. Whenever I install from the Update Site in eclipse, it gives me the following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at http://downloads.blackberry.com/upr/developers/Win/net.rim.ejde.componentpack4.5.0_4.5.0.30.jar.
Connection reset
Unable to read repository at http://downloads.blackberry.com/upr/developers/Win/net.rim.ejde.componentpack5.0.0_5.0.0.36.jar.
Read timed out
Unable to read repository at http://downloads.blackberry.com/upr/developers/Win/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.43.jar.
Read timed out
Unable to read repository at http://downloads.blackberry.com/upr/developers/Win/net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33.jar.
Read timed out

What should I do in this case ?  

Developer

I have checked in my device. The module name of Blackberry Messenger in my Blackberry device is "net_rim_bb_qm_peer" . I can't seem to find where is the problem in launching the Blackberry Messenger programmatically. I'm stuck on this for days. Please help me anybody. There has got to be some way.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Until you have the correct development level for the device you are installing on to, there is no point looking at any other problem. 

I have just tested the download site myself and it is working fine. 

Can you use Help-->Install New Software and in there confirm that the download site you have for BlackBerry is correct. 

Look at the pages from the developer web site I have referenced previously to determine what this site should be. 

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

I'm doing the same. My update site is:

BlackBerry Update Site - http://www.blackberry.com/developers/jar/win/java

this is correct I suppose and the one mentioned in the link you gave me..

I get that error when eclipse is in the process of installing the software versions.

Also, one more question to ask you: What should I do if I want to develop my app for any version of blackberry? 

Developer

Do you see the same image that Is included in the attachment when you go to install?

When you develop for BB, you choose a minimum OS that you will support and develop using that OS level.  You app is then supported on that OS Level and later.

Developer

[ Edited ]

Okay. Thanks for clearing my doubts. Yes I get the same screen which you sent me. But when I try to intall it finally, it shows me the screen which I'm sending you.

Developer

Good oh.  Well as noted I have just tried it, so there is something odd at your end I suspect and to be honest, I would not know where to start to investigate that.  I would suggest you try a complete new install.  Download the full Eclipse and 7.1 package, then try to update it. 

Developer

ok. Will do it and let you know. Thanks for your help.

Developer

Hello Peter. I did what you said and I'm afraid I did not get what I expected. I downloaded the Full Eclipse current version 2.0.0 package and then tried to update it. But it again showed me the same error as the previous one. I seriously don't know what I should do now? If its working on yours, why isn't it working on mine? Please help.

Thanks.

Developer

"If its working on yours, why isn't it working on mine?"

Sorry I have absolutely no idea.  There is potential for a number of different issues including connectivity, level of OS, level of Java whether Java is 32 bit or 64 bit, and so on.  This is not an area of expertise, I just installed and it worked.  In fact I have done it on Win XP and Win Vista and Win 7 machines (no Win 8 yet). 

Hopefully someone else who understands Eclipse a bit better will step in here.