Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Sakberry
My Device: Not Specified

BBM sim2 giving App error 104: Uncaught ClassCastException on startup

Hi All

I have been using the two 9800 simulators for testing since yesterday. But suddenly the second simulator (sim2) has started giving this error on start up:

"App Error 104: Uncaught ClassCastException"

I click on continue and proceed. The simulator loads but i am unable to run the BBM. There is simply no response when i click on the BBM icon.

I have tried un-installing the simulators and re-installing also but there error still persists. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Saket

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sakberry

Re: BBM sim2 giving App error 104: Uncaught ClassCastException on startup

Any suggestions?? Need some help here......

Please use plain text.
Developer
johanguzman07
My Device: Not a blackberry user
My Carrier: None

Greetings.

Because of the exception type it's understandable that your problem is in your own code.

Look thoroughly through your code 'cause the exception is given because you are doing an illegal cast from some object type to another that isn't belong to the same inheritance tree.

If you have any trouble looking for your bad cast. Let me know what you now about casting and some code.

I hope this help. Good luck.

Let me know if this was helpful or if you have a solution.

Johan Guzmán - In case my answer pleased you, give a press to the LIKE button, please!! Mark this post as solution if it solved your problem.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
e2hass
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Your simulator flash files are probably corrupted

Delete the *.dmp files in your simulator directory

try C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\simulator

or

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 6.0.0

Please use plain text.
Developer
Sakberry

Hey thanks for the response! Sorry for getting back so late....i agree that the problem first occurred when i tried to typecast an instance of java.util.Enumeration to BBPlatformContact type. But now even after commenting out this section of the code the error does not go away.....i tried clean.bat but still no luck....
Please use plain text.
Developer
Sakberry

@e2hass thanks for the response....i could not find the .dmp files at the location mentioned in ur post....i found the .debug files. Should i try deleting these??
Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you tried to run the app with the debgger to see which line it is failing on?

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.
Developer
Sakberry

Thanks for the reply @JaredCo

The trouble i am facing is that BBM will not run in the 2nd simulator....when i click on the BBM icon in the second SIm nothing happens.....btw this is after i click "continue" on getting the ClassCastException while the simulator is loading.....so even though the simulator loads. BBM will not run and also messages i send from simulator 1 are not sent to Simulator 2??

Any sugggestions?

Thanks

Saket

Please use plain text.
Developer
StevenKader
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

What I would do is run the simulator 6.0.0.313 in ebug mode from Eclipse to see why this error is happening.   The way to do this is to make sure that the MDS isn't checked in the debug configuration and to change the advanced settings to amek it work with BBM SDK.  I've included 2 screenshots for you.  The customized command line for me is :

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 6.0.0\6.0.0.313 (9800)\fledge.exe"  /app=Jvm.dll /handheld=9800 /session=Sim1 /app-param=JvmAlxConfigFile:9800.xml /data-port=0x4d44 /data-port=0x4d4e /pin=0x2100000A /app-param=regVersion=3 /app-param=regDestIP=127.0.0.1 /app-param=regDestPort=19781 /app-param=regSrcPort=19780 /app-param=DisableSyncServiceRecord

Yours may be slightly differenent.

Hope this helps.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
Please use plain text.